I made this advent calendar last year for my then 2 year old daughter... she loves it even more this year!
- Felt - A few different colors. Mostly I already had stuff kicking around, plus I felted an old green sweater. It gives the tree a nice 3D feeling.
- Cotton fabric for the background - a neutral color or unobtrusive pattern works best.
- Iron-on stiff backing material
- Sewing materials
- Fun little treats and mini ornaments for the pockets. Sticky numbers for the pockets.
6. Final touches - I got lazy and used plastic stick-on numbers like you'd find in the scrapbook section of the craft store. You COULD embroider the numbers... if you are a SUPER CRAFTER. For the ornaments I scoured the dollar shelves and also used felt cut outs. Think of all the the options... this is the fun part.
Voila! This calendar is a sturdy piece of art - simply roll and store when you find yourself done with December.
Enjoy! And hey, if you make an advent calendar like this give me a shout and I'll post a picture!
All images copyright Knitty Vet.