Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gold Medal Pie

Happy Olympics everyone! We had a lovely evening watching the opening ceremonies - the floor of the arena was just amazing and we always have a good time watching the athletes walk in with their matching outfits. I figured that this was as good of a time as any to break out the February Pie.

I was a little torn on what to make (don't worry, the suggestions are just biding their time)... but it came down to what I actually had in the house. I settled on the Very Cranberry and Pear Pie in Ken Haedrich's PIE book. Festive, red (like Canada's color), and very delicious! I probably can't publish the recipe here for legal reasons, but it involved cranberries (frozen from Thanksgiving), ripe pears, cardamon, cinnamon, and a brown sugar/nut topping. How can you go wrong with that? Enjoy the pie-y pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment