Sunday, March 15, 2015

Launching Something New : Knitted Play Bracelets

I've been working hard at the Etsy shop recently - updating photos, SEO (should I think about a post on this?), and promoting in and outside of Etsy. I also had an idea for a new product, inspired by my own daughter's desire to play with my yarn. Not that I am upset about her playing with yarn - she just seems to be taking after me :)

Anyhow, she wanted some "lovely jewelry" to wear, and I wanted to make her something that would last through her hard wear and boisterous play. I grabbed a pair of double pointed needles and started knitting i cords. A few days and some cycles through the steam washer later I had something I was happy with, and something I could hardly get her to part with!

I love these little wool bangles - they are bright, colorful, soft and durable. They can be made in a rainbow of colors and variety of sizes. My daughter attends a Waldorf style preschool and toys like these fit right into the sensory toy theory and encouragement of creative play. They've also been proving popular with Etsy buyers and folks on Facebook. I especially like the custom orders that have been rolling in.

My next adventure is trying a rainbow pattern in one bracelet... we'll see how that goes. I'm also toying with the idea of making a tutorial for these guys - any interest?

If YOU want a set of bracelets feel free to contact me in the comments, through my facebook at www.facebook.com/knittyvet or Etsy at www.knittyvet.etsy.com -Kendra











No comments:

Post a Comment